The Professional Development Committee ensures school counselors have access to the latest techniques, research, and knowledge so they can stay effective in their careers.
The Professional Development Committee shall:
- Facilitate professional development opportunities to meet the needs of school counselors & affiliates throughout the year.
- Shall collaborate with ADE to provide training opportunities for School Counselors.
- Shall recruit professional presenters.
- Shall conduct member surveys on professional development needs.
- Shall collaborate with AzCAN to provide web-based College Access Professional (CAP) training to school counselors in the state of Arizona.
- The Association/Presentation Liaison shall collaborate with the professional development committee and shall recruit board members to serve on association/committee as AzSCA representatives as well as recruit board members to present at various professional conferences, i.e. AzCTE, ABEC, etc.
- Provide Certificate of Attendance for each Professional Development event as applicable.