Board at Large
Get Involved with AzSCA!
ADVOCACY OF SCHOOL COUNSELING
The Advocacy of School Counseling Committee revisits, revises, develops and distributes current AzSCA talking points as identified by the Board of Directors affecting school counselors.
The Communications Committee coordinates content for mass communication to AzSCA members and stakeholders.
The Conference Committee plans and executes the Annual AzSCA Conference in February including selecting speakers and presenters, coordinating activities, and much more!
The Outreach Committee promotes the mission and vision of AzSCA through networking, member relations/recruitment, and other events.
The Professional Development Committee facilitates professional development opportunities to meet the needs of school counselors and affiliates throughout the year.
The Research Committee promotes the understanding and use of data and action research by AzSCA and AZ School Counselors to inform and demonstrate the effectiveness of their program.
Board at Large Member Qualifications
- Must hold a current Arizona school counselor certificate and be in good standing.
- Must be a member of AzSCA.
- Attending quarterly meetings on a scheduled Saturday (Aug, Nov, Jan, April)
- Joining and participating in an AzSCA Committee of their choice
- Be an active member. Encouraged to share ideas at meetings or communicate with Director(s).
- No term limit for members of the Board at Large.
- Attend quarterly meetings. Quarterly meetings are held in August, November, January, and April on a Saturday from 8:00am to 12:30pm.
- Attend the Leadership Development Institute. LDI occurs in June and is typically 2-3 days.
- Attend the Annual AzSCA Conference. Our Annual Conference is 2-3 days, usually in February.
- Participate in other special events coordinated by AzSCA.
- Zoom with committee as needed.
- Attendance at quarterly meetings, LDI, AzSCA Conference, and other AzSCA events
- Travel may be required
- Respond promptly to correspondence
- Maintain professional decorum
- Ethical interactions
- Earn up to 4 CEUs per quarterly meeting
- Pre-approved travel cost reimbursement