AzSCA believes the school counselor plays a pivotal role in a student's academic, social/emotional and career development. In response to our states recent allocation of funds to provide more school counselors, we are establishing a program to offer support to new school counselors or current school counselors moving to a different grade level of service.
If you find yourself in a new school counseling role we invite you to consider connecting with a mentor. In order to find a mentor closest to you please email your contact information and the following details to Julie Cota at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include Your:
- Region in Arizona (pick one that best describes the area you live in): North, South, East, West, Northwest, Southeast, Northeast, Southwest
- School Name
- Grade level
Benefits of the AZSCA Mentor Program include, but are not limited to, the following:
WANT TO BE A MENTOR?
- Career shadowing
- Direct/Indirect resources
- “Welcome to School Counseling” survivor kit
- FREE 1 Year membership to AzSCA
- Monthly phone contact-or weekly at first!
AzSCA is looking for volunteers to serve as a professional mentor for any new school counselor and any school counselor changing grade levels for the first time.
If you meet the following criteria we would love to add you to our Mentor Directory:
- You Must have at least 5 years experience in your current grade level
- You Must be available to check in with your mentee monthly by phone/email
- You Must be available to offer a career shadow day if requested
- You Must be a member of AZSCA- ASCA member optional
- You May be a retired professional
If you want more information and /or would like to be added to our directory please email Julie Cota at email@example.com.